Saturday, June 03, 2006

fruitbasket turnover

howdy from texas.

my friend jenna took this photo. i'm not certain why this one hit me the way it did...it really made me think about life...about comparing apples to oranges. i grew up in the church...southern baptist, to be specific. lately i have been doing a great deal of thinking of what it means to be a part of the body of Christ and how we should love and serve one another. it made me ask where our focus is and how and why we are always comparing one person to another...just like comparing apples and oranges. we like carbon copy people...and i for one have never seemed to fit the mold. and i wonder...i wonder what God thinks of it all. i wonder how many times i have thrown out a bad apple that wasn't an apple at all...just another person who was desparately searching for God...like the photo, an orange trying to fit into the apple world. okay...maybe that is a stretch...
so this blog is about learning to be more like Christ...a conversation about how things should be and how we can love and give the grace of God to others...like you and me. you are invited to comment.

and so laugh with me...even about stupid fruit analogies. and help me play a little fruitbasket turnover in my own life.

thanks for the pic, jen.
n

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi friend ... found you! Good post ... I have almost always felt like an orange amidst apples. Why couldn't I just be more like an apple ... my life would be so much less stressed. Ah ... but God made me the orange.

Now, it looks like you may need some help in uploading pictures. ;)

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK ... I take that back .. the pic is there now :)

7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nelda, thank you for this reflection. Welcome to the blogosphere!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home