Tuesday, September 12, 2006

birthdays

yesterday was my baby's birthday...he's eighteen now. eighteen years ago i was watching the news reports of the incoming hurricane and looking down at my baby boy. he had flipped just hours before he came and i later heard those dreaded words...c-section. as i cradled him a few hours later and stared at the radar screen i secretly hoped they would allow me to stay an extra day...didn't want to jump in the car to outrun a hurricane. but they released me the next day to evacuate with the crowd. it was, i have to admit, miserable. but not my new fella, he was a wonderful baby...quiet and happy. i was so overjoyed to be home with him when we finally got back to our place. wow...that was eighteen years ago.

happy birthday, ken. i love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home